Welcome to Batavia Covenant Church
Please click above to see a message from Pastor Eric Landin
IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19, ALL ACTIVITIES AT BATAVIA COVENANT CHURCH HAVE BEEN CANCELLED OR POSTPONED
Update information on the COVID-19 virus and Batavia Covenant Church (03/27/2020)
- Until further notice, all activities at Batavia Covenant Church are cancelled or postponed. This includes all Sunday activities for all ages, youth gatherings, mid-week small group gatherings, the confirmation retreat, the Dinner and Dessert auction, the Alpha launch, and more. Many of these will be rescheduled - look to your leaders for information about that.
- Until further notice, instead of gathering in person, we will "gather" online. You can stream the service by clicking here or by going on our YouTube channel (CLICK HERE). Join us at 10:00 am on Sunday for music, prayer, scripture reading, and reflection.
- A new giving designation has been established for our Capital Campaign. Please visit bit.ly/giving2bcc. Navigate to the Batavia Covenant Church giving page and locate the new image and drop down to the Open Doors Capital Campaign line. You can also drop your check in the mail.
- An online connection card is available at bit.ly/connect2bcc. Our staff will continue to pray for any requests submitted each week.
- The church office is closed until further notice. Our staff will continue to work from home, so feel free to reach out to us.
- During this pandemic, we want to be available to help those in need. Do you have basic needs that we can help with, do you know someone who does? Or are you willing to help with running errands, dropping off meals, or in other ways? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will coordinate our efforts to care for each other and our community.
- Are you willing to become a pen-pal or phone buddy with someone in our congregation who is isolated? We can still build relationships though we are not physically together. Email email@example.com to get on the list.
- Many of us are looking for tangible ways to help others. Here are some suggestions:
- There is a shortage of blood donations right now. If you are healthy and not in an at-risk group, contact Versiti Blood Centers to schedule a donation (versiti.org).
- The Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry is serving those in need of food and basic supplies. Contact them to donate or volunteer.
- The Holmstad is coordinating prayer partners and picture pen pals through an Adopt a Grandparent program while they are in isolation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- If you are sick and think you may have contracted COVID-19, contact your doctor first and then contact the church. We want to provide for your basic needs like food or personal items, and we will keep your situation confidential.
- If you know someone who is sick or lonely and in need, reach out to them by phone or with a card or a porch drop-off meal. Share the live stream link with them. Also let the church know of their need so we can respond too.
- If you are feeling scared, lonely, or are in need in any way, please contact Pastor Dan (email@example.com), Pastor Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org), or me, Pastor Eric (email@example.com, call/text 630-492-0587). You and your families are in my prayers in these challenging times.
To be clear: WE WILL NOT GATHER IN PERSON FOR WORSHIP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Watch for details regarding April services and activities, and other details, as the situation is changing rapidly. During this time, we are still the church! We are still loving, believing, trusting, and hoping in God. We are here for you!
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18