History of Batavia Covenant Church
Our History as Batavia Covenant Church (BCC) In 1871 a small group met together in homes with a vision for a church to help those displaced by the Great Chicago Fire. They went from meeting in homes until a building could be built in downtown Batavia, moving to this location in 1973. Many things about our church and our culture have changed, but this message of Jesus continues to transcend time. In today’s world we continue to share this life-changing message of Jesus in relevant and innovative ways.
From the time of Jesus, we see this of Jesus lived out in local churches all over the world, from the church as it is described in Acts 2, to the churches in the New Testament, to BCC. We are another local church in a long line of local churches, not seeking to live off the past, but seeking to follow Jesus in today’s world and the culture. that we live in.