Sunday Adult Christian Formation Classes
Fireside Room Class
The Fireside Room class meets at 8:30 am. Beginning on Sunday, January 6th, Gary Warner is leading a new study from the Immerse series. The Prophets is the fourth of six volumes in Immerse and presents the First Testament prophets in groupings that generally represent four historical periods. Over five weeks, we will discuss the prophets who spoke before:
- The fall of Israel's northern kingdom (Amos, Hosea, Micah, Isaiah)
- Before the fall of the southern kingdom (Zephaniah, Nahum, Habakkuk)
- Around the time of Jerusalem's destruction (Jeremiah, Obadiah, Ezekiel)
- After the return from exile (Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Joel, Jonah)
The Library class meets at 8:45 am. Beginning on Sunday, January 6th, Earl Button will be leading a discussion on Along the Road - How Jesus Used Geography to Tell God's Story over five weeks. While walking the roads of the Holy Land, Jesus often taught His followers lessons that would come down to us through God's Word. But, from our perspective - in our very different time & place - many of the Lord's allusions to the surrounding landscape have been lost. John Beck highlights how the land provided talking points, how Jewish teachers used the hills and valleys as a lesson plan. This program take you through the life and ministry of Christ that starts with his birth in a Bethlehem stable.
Women’s Bible Study
Thursday Night Women’s Book Study
A group of ladies from BCC and surrounding neighborhoods are meeting at the Chin's house on Thursday nights at 8:00 pm.. Come for friendship, laughter, encouragement and tons of treats. If you have any questions, please contact Becky Chin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
During The Explore God sermon series, we are having several discussion groups that will be discussing the same topics. The groups are:
- Sunday afternoons at the Landins' Home (Batavia), 12:30 - 2:00, soup lunch and childcare provided.
- Monday evenings at the Chins' Home (Batavia), 6:00 - 7:30, dinner and childcare provided.
- Tuesday mornings at Batavia Covenant Church (in the library), 9:45 - 10:45, coffee and childcare provided.
- Tuesday evenings at the Polhills' Home (St. Charles), 7:00 - 8:00.
- Thursday evening Women's group at Batavia Covenant Church (in the library), 6:30 snacks, 7:00 - 8:00 discussion.