Each week we are asking our congregation to be in prayer for one of our supported missionaries or local mission agency. This week we ask that we each bring Pastor Amos Shakya and the Bhutanese/Nepali congregation to God in prayer.
In the coming weeks, there are opportunities we will have as individuals and families to assist Pastor Amos and the Rupantaran Nepali Covenant Church with their ministry. One way some of us can help is to attend one of the “house fellowship” gatherings on Saturdays to share personal testimonies. Pastor Amos will share on Sunday how impactful this has been in reaching people who are learning about Jesus Christ. More specifically, starting November 23rd through December 14th, we are invited to partake of the caroling, dancing, (and eating!) planned for each Saturday, starting at 4:30 pm, so be praying about how God may want you to be a part of this on one of those afternoons.
Pastor Amos has recently shared some of his approach under the banner “Love Your Neighbor as Yourself” and how people are responding. He asks that we pray specifically for the following:
- For transportation help for those without a ready means to get to church, especially for one new family in Carol Stream
- For more people to be added to His church – the salvation of new souls
- For those within his congregation who are sick; pray for healing
- For stronger relationships with friends who are not yet believers
- For the development of leaders within his new congregation
- For strong and fruitful relationships with supporting churches (there are several besides us)
- For protection for new believers in this season of Hindu festivals.